Skip to main content

New Lawn ornament

I heard a loud noise on Friday while I was gardening, and I stopped pruning to look around.  But since I didn't hear any metal on metal, brakes squealing, or honking, I assumed the noise had come from the construction site two doors down - I thought they did something wrong :).

Imagine my surprise when I walked to the front yard and found this at the entrance to our driveway on Rheem Blvd.  The driver was ok, as was the driver of the other vehicle.  This one blew through the yield sign and hit a car turning left.  Luckily I was working in the backyard!  Now I have two sprinklers to dig up and repair, as not only did it take out the head's but also the piping underground.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack doing some yard work

Jack is doing some patio cleaning work today!  Welcome to summer break!

First Day 4th Grade!

Orinda Country Cotillion

The Orinda Country  Cotillion  is a forty year community tradition sponsoring a series of seven evening dance classes and welcomes all seventh graders in Orinda.  The boys are girls are both broken into two sections, so every other dance is with the opposite boy group. Two of the dances are themed (a sock hop and country -western) and the rest are semi-formal.  Last night was the first dance in the seven dance series.  Kate and her friend Zoe had a great time.  They learned the fox trot and a line dance.  Seemed like fun!