Skip to main content

No Hot Lunch!!

I am really not sure how I missed this, but I just realized that there is no hot lunch at the new school!  No hot lunch!  I knew about the lunch program at the other schools, but couldn't seem to remember about this one.  Would it have been a deal breaker?  I guess not, but wow, I am nervous.

As you may know, K and J both buy hot lunch everyday.  Everyday! But I still have to pack a snack for them.  Now I will need to pack 3 lunches and 3 snacks.  I know, I know, not a huge deal, right?  But still a big change (not like the lunch is the biggest change here, I get it).

So we went to Target yesterday and picked out a new Thermos for everyone.  And some nifty sandwich holders with ice packs built in.  And we have our lunch boxes... now just need to plan what to bring.  No peanuts allowed, sorry Will, aka Mr. 3 PB&Js a day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack doing some yard work

Jack is doing some patio cleaning work today!  Welcome to summer break!

First Day 4th Grade!

Orinda Country Cotillion

The Orinda Country  Cotillion  is a forty year community tradition sponsoring a series of seven evening dance classes and welcomes all seventh graders in Orinda.  The boys are girls are both broken into two sections, so every other dance is with the opposite boy group. Two of the dances are themed (a sock hop and country -western) and the rest are semi-formal.  Last night was the first dance in the seven dance series.  Kate and her friend Zoe had a great time.  They learned the fox trot and a line dance.  Seemed like fun!