Skip to main content

London Vacation 2011 - Saturday 12/31

London Vacation 2011 - Saturday 12/31
Happy New Year's Eve.  We are supposed to check out at 11, and need to be heading to the airport for our 5pm flight around 1:30 or 2.  But Kate is barely moving in the bathroom, I feel horrible but am not sure if I have what K has or just wiped out from helping her all night.  I call housekeeping and they come take away my contaminated bathrobes.  I am sure I am going to be charged hundreds of dollars for the lines, but it doesn't show up on the bill.  I call down to get a late checkout, and they let us keep one room until 1:30.  Great.  I go to Starbucks, try to pack, and try not to worry about the flight.  Luckily our pediatrician had given us a tip to bring 'puke clothes' in ziplocks for each kid.  Kate powered through a bunch of her clothes last night, so she is on to her puke bag.

Jack and Daddy head out shopping and come back with some lunch.  No one is eating too much, but Tom does chow on some udon. 

We get all packed, Kate dressed and head down to grab a taxi to Paddington Station to take the Heathrow Express.  We haven't taken a train yet, so we thought it would be fun.  The train is cool, and very fast. Soon we are back in line at check-in, and quickly on to security.  After we pass through security and are finishing putting on our shoes, belts, etc, Paul tells Tom is sit in his stroller.  The says to me, "Wouldn't it be great if he projectile vomits?"  Funny.  One minute later Tom, his clothes, his stroller (not the floor in security mind you) are covered in udon noodle puke.  Must find bathroom. 

Ok, we get cleaned up, get Tom in his bag of puke clothes, and head to the lounge.  More free wine and food, but no one is feeling all that great.  Kate falls asleep on a reclining chair, and I go shopping for makeup, perfume, and shortbread.  Soon enough it is time to board and get home.  The flight home was similar, but the kids didn't sleep as well as on the way out.  We have the puke bags out, but of course when Tom yaks all over me,  I forget about the bag.  I throw away my blanket and put Tom in Will's bag of puke clothes.  Unfortunately I hadn't packed my own set like Dr. A had suggested, so I am just in a tank top and jeans the rest of the flight.  My long sleeve is zipped away.  Paul is trying to sleep, but is feeling very sick.  K is starting to feel better, but still skips most of the food.  The boys manage not to be sick.  Is this because we all now have the stomach bug they had the week before we left?  Or is it food poisoning?  Not sure.  Luckily baggage comes quickly, not much line at customs, and we are back in the car headed for Naperville. 

Despite the last day of sickness, we had a fantastic time on our family trip to London.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack doing some yard work

Jack is doing some patio cleaning work today!  Welcome to summer break!

First Day 4th Grade!

Orinda Country Cotillion

The Orinda Country  Cotillion  is a forty year community tradition sponsoring a series of seven evening dance classes and welcomes all seventh graders in Orinda.  The boys are girls are both broken into two sections, so every other dance is with the opposite boy group. Two of the dances are themed (a sock hop and country -western) and the rest are semi-formal.  Last night was the first dance in the seven dance series.  Kate and her friend Zoe had a great time.  They learned the fox trot and a line dance.  Seemed like fun!