Skip to main content

A few book reviews

OK, so these aren't really reviews, but some book ideas that you might want to check out. Happy Reading!

Nature Girl by Carl Hiaasen. This has good reviews, but I just couldn't get into it. Only read the first few chapters.

The View from Mount Joy by Lorna Landvik. I loved this book and easily got into the characters. Some of the radio program passages were a little long, and every once in awhile I got stuck on the idea that the author is opposite gender from main character. A fun, fast, entertaining read.

Songs without Words by Ann Packer - Reading this right now, but not sure how much more I am going to read - about half way done now. When I check 'hot' books out from the library I only have 2 weeks to read them (which can be hard depending on how things are going.) I knew going in that there was going to be a 'tragedy', then figured out what was going to happen, so spent a couple of chapters on edge just waiting. I like the characters, but I am not fully immersed in the book and am finding it is too depressing to read.

Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers - Talk about depressing. I was bawling through a large portion of this book... but it only took me about 1 hour to read during nap time one day. It was very sad, but I didn't want to put it down. The format is just as the title suggests - notes taped to the fridge back and forth between mother and daughter. A quick, heartfelt book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack doing some yard work

Jack is doing some patio cleaning work today!  Welcome to summer break!

First Day 4th Grade!

Orinda Country Cotillion

The Orinda Country  Cotillion  is a forty year community tradition sponsoring a series of seven evening dance classes and welcomes all seventh graders in Orinda.  The boys are girls are both broken into two sections, so every other dance is with the opposite boy group. Two of the dances are themed (a sock hop and country -western) and the rest are semi-formal.  Last night was the first dance in the seven dance series.  Kate and her friend Zoe had a great time.  They learned the fox trot and a line dance.  Seemed like fun!